Posts filled under: Game
Zap! Zap! Zap! Here at French Rice Games one of our many jobs is to bring you bug fixes for unfinished games that need a lot of work in a relatively late manner. We could give you some boring details about life and only being being developed by two individuals who both are full-time students and have part time jobs… but we won’t bore you with all those boring bits. We’ll simply just copy and paste some wonderful patch notes you guys might find entertaining and continue on with development.
- Added New tree that is part of the plant system.
- Fixed Plants growth better managed.
- Fixed Aggressive mob pathfinding.
- Fixed Aggressive mob graphical glitches.
Alongside some minor bug fixes we are gearing up our combat system for use with equipment. Here’s what we have in mind.
SoR Stat System
- Vitality (health, ammount of food and sleep needed)
- Strength (damage, and a few jobs.)
- Endurance(base armor, length of time a dwarf can be starving or tired)
- Willpower(Magical skill and defence)
- Agility (Critical Hits, Acuracy and speed, some jobs)
These start out randomly between 10 and 15.
50% of the Exp given for every other task(skill usage) will be given to the Dwarfs main level.
The Dwarfs main level take 3x to 5x as much Exp to level up.
Base Stats increase with the dwarfs level, NOT by usage.
Base Stat Level Calculation: level = ((maxLevel + geneBonus + personalityBonus) /maxLevel)*dwarfLevel)
maxLevel = 1000
geneBonus = (0<->10)*20
personalityBonus = (100 if it is the dwarfs personality)
- Energetic - Vitality
- Hotheaded- Strength
- Stubborn- Endurance
- Reserved- Willpower
- Lively- Agility
- Perky- Luck
Each personality will increase a base stat improvement rate by about 10%.
Genes effect base stats by 0 to 10%.
A random value will be determined that will create a number between 0 and 5.
That value is the dwarfs gene for that particular stat.
The gene multiplied by 20 equals the bonus.
- (Comming soon, skills for each weapon class and type)
Skills level with usage following the function: (4*(x^3))/5Genes that control this function may be added later.
- Ring (left hand)
- Ring (right hand)
- Right Hand
- Left Hand
If you are reading this we can safely assume you have survived Ragnarok, alongside a new gregorian calendar year. Quite a lot to go through in just a few short days. Meanwhile in Midgard vegetation has been reported to have been propagating throughout the world. Which is quite lovely considering the real life Winter’s air.
- Added Farming/Plant Life.
- Added 9 Plants: Bamboo, Grapes, Bitterhumle(hops), Huskycap, Strawberry, Sugarcane, Tomato, Wheat, Grass.
- Added 8 Consumables: Bamboo Planks, Grapes, Hops, Husky Caps, Strawberries, Sugar Cane, Tomatoes, Wheat Grain.
- Changed Save games now properly reflect plant growth.
- Changed Buildings now drop some of the materials that they were built with.
- Fixed Resolution Menu and Game Menu now properly close when a selection is made.
- Fixed Multi-tile buildings no longer keep tiles tagged as buildings when removed.
Winter is coming men! Bring out those bear fur coats, brush off your moose leather boots, and let your body hair grow to shield yourself against the sharp winter air. Winter post-Ragnarok is not a place for the faint of heart.
Fortunately for everyone, along with their winter apparel we have a wonderful new build just in time as the Winter’s air makes its way.
- Added Parallax layers.
- Added Global water physics.
- Added Grass now grows overtime on dirt.
- Changed Dirt tiles now absorb water to prevent flooding.
- Changed New cloud sprites and different types of clouds.
- Changed Water now spawns throughout the map.
- Added The parallax layers are now on the intro menu.
Morbidly obscure reference aside… Alpha 23!
An update so soon? That’s what happens when one sits on an update for quite some time. Literally we propped up a foot rest and relaxed and worked on Alpha 23 while Alpha 22 was comfortably underneath us.
And updates the game shall have for the next couple weeks. Deadlines for this years Indepedant Game Festival are due October 17th and we will be submitting Survivors of Ragnarok. So what can you guys expect by that time? Well….
- Weapons and Armor.
- Set up a good progression through trees(weapons) and create unique armor based on each mob.
- Activity Zone.
- Plants with growth cycles.
- Similar to mobs, in fact, the mob class might be usable here.
- Dwarfs goto water sources and get fish.
- Herd cows, chickens, etc..
- Dwarf Zones
- Party Rooms
- … Profit?
Whether or not those goals will be achieved in time is a different story entirely. However what is finite is the amount of sleep we will have in the coming month; or rather the lack of sleep. We also have a much more instantly gratifying list below of features that have already been implemented. Oh yeah, Mac users the game works now.
- Fixed Bug for Mac launch issues.
- Fixed Bug that was causing crashes due to the new dwarf pathfinding.
- Added New in game interface to modify resolution.
- Removed The old preloader was removed.
- Added preliminary code for clouds.
- Implemented multi-block buildings.
Don’t forget the GamersGate IndieFort bundle is still going on! 27 awesome indie games all for one low low price. You only have a couple more days before the bundle comes to a close Octber 1st!
As always don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Desura, IndieDB, Blogger, and Steam! You can now subscribe to our Pixel Pushers Podcast on iTunes!
If you haven’t heard by now there is a huge bundle going on at GamersGate. At least that’s what the word on the street is. If you are a little late to the party fortunately for everyone you still have 9 more days before the bundle is over!
There are literally a ton of great games in this bundle. Okay maybe not literally in terms of the colloquial British usage of ton. However literally two dozen incredible games.
What a coincidence look what game is in the Bundle? And how convenient a new update.
- Added Settlers will join a healthy settlement.
- Added Goblins will invade in groups at night.
- Added Full save support.
- Added In-game menu options for saving and loading games.
- Changed New hot-keys Z -Inventory, X -Stockpiles, C -Activity Zones, V -Crafting, B -Information Panel.