Posts filled under: Video
If you are reading this we can safely assume you have survived Ragnarok, alongside a new gregorian calendar year. Quite a lot to go through in just a few short days. Meanwhile in Midgard vegetation has been reported to have been propagating throughout the world. Which is quite lovely considering the real life Winter’s air.
- Added Farming/Plant Life.
- Added 9 Plants: Bamboo, Grapes, Bitterhumle(hops), Huskycap, Strawberry, Sugarcane, Tomato, Wheat, Grass.
- Added 8 Consumables: Bamboo Planks, Grapes, Hops, Husky Caps, Strawberries, Sugar Cane, Tomatoes, Wheat Grain.
- Changed Save games now properly reflect plant growth.
- Changed Buildings now drop some of the materials that they were built with.
- Fixed Resolution Menu and Game Menu now properly close when a selection is made.
- Fixed Multi-tile buildings no longer keep tiles tagged as buildings when removed.
So decided on polishing up and working on the new dwarf UI. When you click the dwarf there would be this the compact version.
The items to the left would be his top 3 highest professions clicking the icon on the bottom left would pop up the full view for the dwarf UI.
Clicking on an equipable slot would open up a menu that would show all the available items in the players stockpile and/or weapon/armor/tool rack that can be equipped to said slot
Morbidly obscure reference aside… Alpha 23!
An update so soon? That’s what happens when one sits on an update for quite some time. Literally we propped up a foot rest and relaxed and worked on Alpha 23 while Alpha 22 was comfortably underneath us.
And updates the game shall have for the next couple weeks. Deadlines for this years Indepedant Game Festival are due October 17th and we will be submitting Survivors of Ragnarok. So what can you guys expect by that time? Well….
- Weapons and Armor.
- Set up a good progression through trees(weapons) and create unique armor based on each mob.
- Activity Zone.
- Plants with growth cycles.
- Similar to mobs, in fact, the mob class might be usable here.
- Dwarfs goto water sources and get fish.
- Herd cows, chickens, etc..
- Dwarf Zones
- Party Rooms
- … Profit?
Whether or not those goals will be achieved in time is a different story entirely. However what is finite is the amount of sleep we will have in the coming month; or rather the lack of sleep. We also have a much more instantly gratifying list below of features that have already been implemented. Oh yeah, Mac users the game works now.
- Fixed Bug for Mac launch issues.
- Fixed Bug that was causing crashes due to the new dwarf pathfinding.
- Added New in game interface to modify resolution.
- Removed The old preloader was removed.
- Added preliminary code for clouds.
- Implemented multi-block buildings.
Don’t forget the GamersGate IndieFort bundle is still going on! 27 awesome indie games all for one low low price. You only have a couple more days before the bundle comes to a close Octber 1st!
As always don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Desura, IndieDB, Blogger, and Steam! You can now subscribe to our Pixel Pushers Podcast on iTunes!
If you haven’t heard by now there is a huge bundle going on at GamersGate. At least that’s what the word on the street is. If you are a little late to the party fortunately for everyone you still have 9 more days before the bundle is over!
There are literally a ton of great games in this bundle. Okay maybe not literally in terms of the colloquial British usage of ton. However literally two dozen incredible games.
What a coincidence look what game is in the Bundle? And how convenient a new update.
- Added Settlers will join a healthy settlement.
- Added Goblins will invade in groups at night.
- Added Full save support.
- Added In-game menu options for saving and loading games.
- Changed New hot-keys Z -Inventory, X -Stockpiles, C -Activity Zones, V -Crafting, B -Information Panel.